jueves, 11 de marzo de 2021

"The Entry of the Animals in Noah's Ark" by Jan Brueghel

 


Shared by Mónica Beatriz Barbero:

I teach Primary school pupils and Infants. So, I have tried to think an applicable activity that I can adapt to my youngest students. 

One of the best I can think of the description of what they see in a picture such as the one titled "The Entry of the animals in Noah's Ark" by Jan Brueghel the old which can be seen in the Prado Museum. 

Once you project the picture on the smartboard, in turns, pupils can say what animals they see using the structure:

-"There is and there are" or "I can see..." 

and also using prepositions of place. For example: 

There is a white horse next to the lions" or "I can see swans in the river". 

Students can find a lot of examples on this work of art. On top of that, children like animals very much, so it turns up to be a motivating activity. 

They can also learn a great amount of animal names (hedgehogs, peacocks, geese, goats, storks...) In fact, I have put this activity into practice with my Year 2 pupils and the amount of sentences they managed to create was overwhelming. We enjoyed so much the lesson!!!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Primera y segunda ponencias del curso

Primera y segunda ponencias del curso

       EMBELLISH YOUR ENGLISH LESSON WITH ART. SECONDARY Click on   the image above to access to the contents of the first session of the c...